We should have do some research about this company, Engine Parts Distributing, now CHS Company, and who knows what name they will change it to in the next 3 or 6 months. Our Client has 2006 Chevy Express Van with an engine over 300,000 miles.

It still ran fine but he wanted the engine rebuilt to be newer and lower in mileage. In October 2015, we order a rebuild a Chevy Engine 6.0L, the company name was known as Engine Parts Distributing. After I received the engine and followed the engine installation procedures and instructions, the engine did not work properly. I ran diagnostics, I found multiple engine misfires on cylinders due to low compression.

I called and spoke to Grey Mahony multiple times about the problems, he suggested to turn on the engine let it run for 5 minutes, then turn it off, then turn it back on for another 5 minutes, but it still did not fix the problem. The next step he suggested was to take the cylinder heads out and send it back to him to fix. After the fixed the cylinder head, he sent his mechanic to my shop and put it in, but the engine still had low compression on four cylinders. Greg recommended me to get a second opinion from a Certified GM mechanic, which I did, and the diagnostic results came back with low compression on all cylinders bank 1, Engine misfires, cylinder 1,3,5,7.

The Certified GM mechanic also found the history engine misfired, cylinders leaked and crank case leaked. Also, cylinder 1,3,5,7 piston rings failed. It took us many attempts to fix after 2 months of going back and forth between us and Greg, our client not wanted the engine any more. I wanted to return the engine to Engine Parts Distributing but they would not take it back.

This company is a very bad company. I filed a lawsuit agaist them and won the case but now they changed their company name, I will have to find out what to do next. I hope my horrible experience will help other businesses and individual to be aware to stay clear out of this company and find different machine shop. The address is 8222 SE Ave, Portland OR 97202.

Office phone: 503-236-4700.

Regardless of what name it's under, if it is at this address, please make sure to do a deligent research before doing business with them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Chs Machine Engine Replacement.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Bad product.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 27, 2016.

Comments

Seattle, Washington, United States #1243174

We got screwed by this company and are out close to 7k after all the diagnostics and then shipping the motor back to them. Its been almost a year and they still have it.

They lie to us every time we call saying it just shipped out. We are debating a lawsuit but dont know if it would be cost prohibitive or not. Can you share your experience? Did you go through small claims court or did you hire a lawyer?

Thanks! K