CHS Machine - Horrible Business-Horrible Customer Service, quite possibly the best Ebay scammers out there. Re: TOYOTA 3VZE 3.0L V6 ENGINE HI-PRO 190HP/210FTLBS
Update added by user Apr 16, 2015
-Updating to include the company names they operate under at Ebay.engineparts2013 and PMCMACHINE.COM are the two company names listed on their ebay listings.
-Also, check out local Portland news channel KGW's story they ran on them titled, "Complaints rev up against local engine builder".
In that news story- they document how one local mechanic received several bad motors from these guys- finally went to court and won a judgement against them.
-Also, search for their "F" rating on Oregon BBB Better Business Bureau
-updating to include the new names, want to help people avoid the same mistakes I made with this horrible business...Definitely buyer beware!
Update added by user Apr 15, 2015
updating this review to include their other company names used on Ebay.engineparts2013 and PMCMACHINE.COM are two of the many, many company names they operate under.
-also, can't remember if its been added, but check out the local Portland New Station KGW's story on these guys- "Complaints rev up against local engine builder" http://www.kgw.com/videos/news/2014/07/25/12536444/
- and also their "F" rating at Oregon BBB (Better Business Bureau) http://www.bbb.org/alaskaoregonwesternwashington/business-reviews/engines-rebuild-and-exchange/c-h-s-machine-company-in-portland-or-35001062/
-sorry if these have already been posted, its been a while.
Just want get as much unbiased info out there to helpe others avoid my mistake.
If this motor is junk- I'm out over $2K and a lot of my time....Buyer Beware!
Original review posted by user Feb 14, 2015
About 1.5 years ago, I bought a Toyota 3.0 3vze long block motor from this company. I researched their ebay feedback ratings(IMPORTANT info on this below), which are supposedly good.
-Received the motor in a timely fashion
-Installed the motor in my 1993 Toyota Truck 4x4 ex-cab
-Performed the break-in procedure as per their instructions
-Drove my truck for approximately 6,000 miles- when the head gasket failed in this motor.
-Emailed them (with pics of oil in the coolant in my radiator) and low compression readings.
-They requested me to send the heads to them for diagnostics- I removed the motor from the truck, removed the heads- sent the heads back.
-no calls from them. I called, and when they finally answered- told me they were still being "diagnosed".
-no calls from them. I called, they told me results were in. The heads were warped. I asked how? I had no overheating issues- were they warped to begin with? Improper torquing when they installed them? No answer... Told me they would send newly rebuilt heads next week.
-next week- no calls from them. Left messages, no return calls.
-after that, each time I called- no answer from them. No return phone calls after my voice mails. Basically, they had my original money, my heads(the cores that I returned for "diagnostics)- and then stopped communicating with me altogether. I was without my truck- AND without heads to use as cores to buy from someone else. I was stuck, unless I wanted to pay a lot more money to continue with this motor. For many, many months...
Just recently- they sent newly rebuilt heads(that I had checked at a local machine shop, they are actually flat- and leak tight). BUT, its been around 1.5 years of dealing with these guys. 1.5 years of being without my truck- only because of their shoddy workmanship/horrible customer service.
Their EBAY reviews are a sham. I recently learned that Ebay has a 60 day time limit for their feedback reviews. Ordering time/Shipping Time/Motor Installation Time/Motor Break-In Time/Driving time(early mileage time) basically take up all or most of that 60 day time limit. If you do have trouble(many people do have troubles with this company)- if you do have trouble- there is very little chance that you can add this info to EBAY- where people need to see it. So, the reviews are mostly good- and are mostly talking about quick shipping... That's it- "thanks for the quick shipping" type reviews... That may be the only reason they are still in business- scamming ebay purchasers in far away places... Who believe they are dealing with an Ebay seller with a good reputation.
-They advertise their great "7year/70,000 mile warranty"- but what good is that warranty if they sell you a crappy product- then ignore you? You spend most of your available time trying to get ahold of them, they keep ducking you- and you are without the use of your truck for over 1.5 years? It sucks. Luckily, they finally sent the newly rebuilt heads- I'm putting everything back together now. I'm just hoping the rest of the motor holds together(no signs of weakness, but I have no guarantees of anything)...
I'm glad the word is getting out about this company. They do have an "F" rating at the Oregon Better Business Bureau. And a Yelp review. I did read a different review that the local news did a story on their shady business practices- hopefully more people learn, and don't make the same mistake I did with them...
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Quick shipping
What I disliked
- Quality customer service lying
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Rebuilt Engine
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Mi nombre es José el día 20de septiembre lleve mi troka Nissan frontier sólo para realizarle una alineación y cambio de breaks ceramic y lo hicieron hasta el Domingo y..."
- "I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata with a factory paint job that is defective primarily the hood. The prep to make the paint stick to the hood was not properly..."
- "I visited Jiffy Lube Store #3399 in Arlington, TX, on November 8, 2015, for a regular oil change. I drive a 2013 Toyota Camry, and opted for full synthetic since..."
- "I placed an order for a LIMITED edition T-shirt in Oct 2016 and received nothing so far (3 months passed). I tried the "Order Tracking" via the "Email us" on..."
- "Bosch Washing Machine under Sears Maintenance Agreement - washer is likely 10 years old, the main bearing went out just after Thanksgiving (November) 2016 - unable to use washer until..."
- "I saw B-Precious advertised for what looked like a great deal. A mini session with a few images for $50. The old saying Cheap is what cheap gets is so..."
- "I have always had good luck with LTD, but here it is Dec. 24, and we are short one LED Lantern. I ordered 4, got 3. My daughter..."
- "I believe my negative experience at Store 3136 this evening should be brought to your attention - I would like to think you would be shocked. First of all, to be..."
- "Went in yesterday for a simple trim and bang cut and left absolutely butchered. I wanted to cry after I got in my car and had a close up look...."